Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Someone pooed on my Heckler

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  jazzy jibber 
#1 ·
Well after much thought and consideration, I decided that the Fox 36 RC2 was for me. I slapped it on this morning, and put 12 miles on it this afternoon. I will give my ride impressions after this weekend, when I have a good 50 miles on it. For now, here are some pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
El Chingon said:
Well after much thought and consideration, I decided that the Fox 36 RC2 was for me. I slapped it on this morning, and put 12 miles on it this afternoon. I will give my ride impressions after this weekend, when I have a good 50 miles on it. For now, here are some pics.
that looks really sweet on your bike.....like it was made for it.

#6 ·
El Chingon said:
I actually like the look of my 04 Z-1 better, because it was all black, but so far, the Fox feels great. I'm still tinkering with air pressure, and high speed compression adjustments.
yeah, the Z-1 is a hard fork to beat but at least you replaced it with a fork that has a good chance to beat it out in terms of all around weight/adjustability/strength ratios.

#7 ·
El Chingon said:
50 miles...50 miles...you belong on the XC forum...nobody pedals 50 miles....I never want to hear that again :p :p

#10 ·
Pirates can't count!

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
50 miles...50 miles...you belong on the XC forum...nobody pedals 50 miles....I never want to hear that again :p :p
LOL! Well, Shiver, the way I read it, he will only do 38 miles this weekend with the end result being a total of 50 miles on the fork. 38 miles?...heck, even an old man like me can do 38 miles in a weekend, even on my Bullit with a Monster T...LOL! I may be doing it this weekend in Moab in fact. Me thinks ye bin slogging the grog too much from down in that thar cask below decks. If the captain grubs yur wurthliss hide whilst yur snackered, it'll be the keel hall fer ye and davy jones' locker when it's done. Arrr...get yer modernfangled calcoolator if'in ye canst add. :D

#11 ·
TNC said:
LOL! Well, Shiver, the way I read it, he will only do 38 miles this weekend with the end result being a total of 50 miles on the fork. 38 miles?...heck, even an old man like me can do 38 miles in a weekend, even on my Bullit with a Monster T...LOL! I may be doing it this weekend in Moab in fact. Me thinks ye bin slogging the grog too much from down in that thar cask below decks. If the captain grubs yur wurthliss hide whilst yur snackered, it'll be the keel hall fer ye and davy jones' locker when it's done. Arrr...get yer modernfangled calcoolator if'in ye canst add. :D
i ride 38 miles in like 2 days... it's not that hard.. i commute on my bike

btw, id you don't already know, it's ss too...

#20 ·
I really like the way the 5th feels on my Free right now, so it will stay. As for the Heckler, She'll be sold as soon as my new Nomad shows up, so no upgrades for it. I'm still trying to get an answer right now on whether I can get my Nomad with a DHX Coil over. That would be my preference over an air shock. I'm off to ride the Barrels. Look for my review of the 36 on Monday! Have a great weekend!

#21 ·
El Chingon said:
As for the Heckler, She'll be sold as soon as my new Nomad shows up, so no upgrades for it. I'm still trying to get an answer right now on whether I can get my Nomad with a DHX Coil over. That would be my preference over an air shock.
Nomad? What are you connected or something?

Slayer77 said "yep" to the coil shock in his thread.

Man, you're a bike ****........a VPF & a Nomad all in one year........

#22 ·
I wish I had a hookup with SC. I'm standing in a long line, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Nomads. I think the earliest I can hope for will be some time in October, so the Heckler will be sold at that time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.