Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DH Bikes with Low standover

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  oldranger 
#1 ·
I'm looking for downhill bike options for a 5'-4" female rider. One thing in particular I am looking for is a frame with low standover.

Here's a few I've been looking at:
Banshee Legend = 27.4"​
Canfield Jedi = 27.5"​
Kona Operator = 28.5"​
Specialized Demo - 28.14"​

I'm open to suggestions. New or newer-used. Carbon or Aluminum. 26" or 27.5". I'd prefer something that is light-ish in weight and easier for a female rider to handle.

Anyone got any other frame suggestions I should be looking at?

#3 ·
Another vote for the Jedi. Its rearward axle path is really kind on the forearms and wrists as it soaks up hard square-edge hits very well. It would definitely lend confidence to any skill level, regardless of gender or strength. Fantastic customer service too. Oh, and it's dead sexy. Not some boring run-of-the-mill Demo. That bike will turn some heads for sure. Women often like to turn heads, so I'm told.

#11 ·
I did a bunch of research on this when buying a bike for my son - who was 9 years old at the time. I went with the 2013 Demo 8 XS frame (which is a 26" wheel bike). I believe another consideration you might look closely at is the 'reach' of the frame. He is now 11 and just about 5'2" and 105lbs. The bike seems to fit him perfectly. We have pics on my profile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.