Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Weight Difference of RhynoLt XL/XT hubs vs. Azonic Outlaw..anybody know??

850 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Evil Con-fecal 
#1 ·
I was curious about this and i am getting a new wheelset for my urban bike, also thinking about the Sun SUV wheelset. any body know anything on that one as well?

#2 ·
The Dude said:
I was curious about this and i am getting a new wheelset for my urban bike, also thinking about the Sun SUV wheelset. any body know anything on that one as well?
i dislike shimano hubs a lot , but that's just me...

my friend just got a set of outlaws and they are awsome! i have not heard one bad thing about them...

#3 ·
Don't know about the XL's, but here is the gram counts on Rhyno Lite/Deore Disc to Azonic Outlaw, which is probably pretty damn close:

Rhyno Lite
Front: 1120g
Rear: 1320g
Total: 2440g

Azonic Outlaw
Front: 1192g
Rear: 1326g
Total: 2518g

Close enough you'll probably never notice the difference, assuming that the XL's are a little heavier that the regular, and that the XTs are a little lighter than Deore, I think weight is a non-issue here. Go on strength/price.

#4 ·
Andrewpalooza said:
Don't know about the XL's, but here is the gram counts on Rhyno Lite/Deore Disc to Azonic Outlaw, which is probably pretty damn close:

Rhyno Lite
Front: 1120g
Rear: 1320g
Total: 2440g

Azonic Outlaw
Front: 1192g
Rear: 1326g
Total: 2518g

Close enough you'll probably never notice the difference, assuming that the XL's are a little heavier that the regular, and that the XTs are a little lighter than Deore, I think weight is a non-issue here. Go on strength/price.
were those alloy or brass nipples.....

#7 ·
weight weenies say

Andrewpalooza said:
brass on the Rhyno Lites, no clue on the Azonic
2539 for the XL's with XT hubs, acc'd to my math, with the numbers taken from
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

Where'd you get the weight for the Azonics from? It's not Azonicusa.com, is it? Cuz they don't give crap for specs there.

#8 ·
dbabuser said:
2539 for the XL's with XT hubs, acc'd to my math, with the numbers taken from
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

Where'd you get the weight for the Azonics from? It's not Azonicusa.com, is it? Cuz they don't give crap for specs there.
Found them posted here and wrote the specs down when I was shopping for a wheelset. I have a big list of wheelset weights at home now. As far as I know there is no 20mm XT hub, so I'd buy the Azonics if I were choosing between the two.

#9 ·
I have both

The Dude said:
I have had both and they feel very comparable in weight. Go with the Outlaws. QR or 20mm front hub, QR or through axle rear, much faster engagement and more durable freehub. XL's with XT's served me well, but I like the Outlaws so much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.