Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Loving 1x10 drive

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BlokHed 
#1 ·
So today I got to ride the latest addition to my bike. Yesterday the X9 type2 rear derailleur and shifter showed up, so on it went and I got to go for a ride today. Its absolutely amazing. I took one extra link out, everything runs well. I had to fine tune the adjustments today, but it was fun as heck and an amazing upgrade. I didn't get to bounce around as much as I wanted to, got a pinch flat due to the wet, rainy weather, then picked up a friend after I slapped in a new tube and he does not ride the very technical stuff, but it was still amazing.

It seemed to get snappier the more I broke in the spring. I have the tension set pretty high, which is what I wanted. Hopefully will be going tubeless by next season to avoid the pinch flat issue, but time will tell. It was a beautiful day to ride in New England though.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I also went 1x10 and the guy at my local shop warned me about needing more leg strength, blah blah blah and I love it! Glad i didn't listen to his BS. really happy with it, but i wish i knew how to adjust my gears myself, cause they do need it. Its one of the things I just have never been able to understand and do my self.

#6 ·
I just switched from 36t narrow wide and to the 32t and love it even more. And yeah, its the super sized rear cog that makes the 1x11 systems so desireable. I've found since swapping down to the 32 toother it doesn't matter anymore, I can climb up a wall. I usually stumble due to traction issues before I ever run out of leg power as long as I do what I need to do.

#9 ·
I did the same a few weeks ago, 32SRAM-NW with 11-36 cassette. Im loving the 1X10. I went with X9 type2 as well with an XO shifter. It is such a smooth shifting setup. Im still dialing it in, but its great. I was wanting to go 1X11 but dang that stuff is expensive!! The X1 cassette is $300!!!! Then you have to get the driver body. I think 1X10 will be fine for me for a long time.

Im loving the tubeless as well. 0 flats since changeover!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.