Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

rockshox recon rebound adjustment knob

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Mr Pig 
#1 ·
i have a brand new fork. when red knob is pushed in it will not turn. when pulled out into next position (without coming all the ways out) it will turn both ways in small amounts but has no end in either direction for me to find a midway point to fine tune it. has anyone had this problem? if so what did you do?

#2 ·
It's a bit of a recurring theme this. I've seen and heard of a few of the Recon/Reba/XC32 dampers doing this sort of thing. I don't know what is going on but I do think there is something wrong. The knob should move from say...twelve Oclock to four Oclock, a bit less than half a circle, and there should be a very noticeable difference between the fast and slow settings. It's a basic damper but it does work!

If the fork is new can you talk it back to the shop?

#7 ·
Yes it would. I was talking about the damper in the Recon. If you get the knob in the correct place it should swing almost as far as the lower leg casting will allow. Not quite that far but close. When they screw up they won't move that far, feel stiffer and there isn't much change in the damping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.