Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Proper storage

614 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Montanadan 
#1 ·
Hello all, So I've got my new Pitch 650B Sport. I don't plan on this bike sitting idle much, but I do live in Montana and the winters can be long and brutal. I'm considering buying a trainer for the winter months, but if I need to store my bike what is the proper method? I recognize that getting the tires off the cold, hard pavement is a good thing to prevent flatspots, but is it OK for the front suspension to hang at full extension for that long? I suppose I could remove the front wheel/tire so that weight isn't pulling down on the fork. My garage is pretty chock-full as it is, but it is heated so I'd like to keep the bike in there instead of the shed. Plus the security in the garage is far better. I plan on either hanging the bike from it's frame, or building brackets to hang it on the wall.

#2 ·
Bikes don't care the least as to how you store them (well, as long as they're not outside in the elements). Doesn't need to be hung, but if you want to hang it, hang it whatever way works best for you. Cold storage isn't going to hurt it any either, though if you're riding in very cold conditions, you might notice some effects on certain moving parts, particularly suspension seals and O-rings and such. Nothing that you really need to be concerned about though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.