Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

$899 brand new diamondback recoil pro on amazon

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  trekninja 
#1 ·
I just found amazon is selling 2014 diamondback recoil pro for only $899. Seems a crazy low price to me.
I just bought the 2013 Marin Bobcat two months ago. Rode my crappy walmart FS bike few days ago. Miss the FS comfort so much.

Decision! Decision!Decision! on this FS upgrade.

#3 ·
I just found amazon is selling 2014 diamondback recoil pro for only $899. Seems a crazy low price to me.
I just bought the 2013 Marin Bobcat two months ago. Rode my crappy walmart FS bike few days ago. Miss the FS comfort so much.

Decision! Decision!Decision! on this FS upgrade.
You really cannot compare the Wal-Mart "FS" to a real full suspension bike. Go ride a real one from a shop, and after it is dialed in for you, getting on that Wal-Mart bike will seem like an absolute joke.

#6 ·
OP, I don't know you and we've never ridden together, but I can't help thinking this is a technique problem, or maybe a setup problem. Put down the credit card...

Are you posting when you ride through rough stuff? I do this on all my bikes, full suspension included. But if I sat my bike like a sack of potatoes, the FS would be more forgiving.

I'm also pretty particular about my setup. I put my saddle and handlebars where my body wants them, not the other way around. I devoted a whole ride just to figuring out the suspension on my new bike - it really needs to be tuned right. I know "my" tire pressure, which is quite low, just 22.5 psi in back. And on occasion, I tweak all three of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.