Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Looking for first Bike! XC 29er ~1,500US budget

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sisifo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
I've been lurking around for a while and decided to finally post. The forums are great.

I'm looking for my first bike to ride in the lovely Colombia. I'm mostly interested in XC, perhaps some trail every so often. I had done some research and was set on the Airborne Goblin, but apparently the Medium is out of stock and will be for a while.

So back to the beginning. Are there any suggestions for a solid, yet not too expensive XC (Hardtail) bike? I'm now looking into the big manufacturers (Giant, Treck, etc) but I'm open to everything!

Thanks for you help guys!

EDIT: I'm a Medium

#4 ·
If you're in Colombia, Crosslake doesn't ship to you. From what I remember, Airborne doesn't ship to Australia so chances are, they may not ship to South America as well. If you know someone in the states, you can have them ship it to them, then have them ship it to you. It may get expensive though.

#7 ·
Have you called Airborne about when the medium sized frames will be available for the Goblin? If its a few weeks, it might be worth waiting for because you're getting tons of value with that bike. Most bikes in that price range have a RS XC28-32 fork on it with X4 or X5 components (alivio or deore for shimano). With the Airborne, you're getting a RS Reba fork and X7 components.

You could also look at the Goblin Revolution, which they label as their Trail bike. Its cost $500 more, but you're getting a Revelation fork with 120mm of travel with the same X7 components and Sun Ringle Charger Comp wheels. Says it will be available on Sept. 22.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.