Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

what app do you use to track rides?

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Plains_Pedaler 
#1 ·
Right now I am using mapmyride. Just wondering if there is anything better out there? What I would like is an app that can track all my stats but also have trail maps on it. Is there an app out there for this?

The maps would be good for riding new areas.

Anyway I use my Android phone for this purpose, so any input is appreciated.

#4 ·
I use Runtastic Mountain Bike app. It's simple, tracks your route very accurately and you can use it for running too.

I put it in the brain of my camelbak and turn the volume up - I have it set so the little robot lady in the app tells me my duration at every mile mark.

No trail maps in it though. For that I find maps online (if I can) and upload them to my dropbox account, which I can then pull up on my phone. I'm sure there are easier ways to do this but this has been working for me!

#12 ·
I use singletracks, mapmyride and download pdf copies of trail maps right to my phone. Singletracks is awesome and has details on virtually every registered trail across the globe. I find all sorts of new and exciting trails to ride. It also keeps track of what trails youve ridden and gives you badges based on milestones. For instance, if you check in at 20 separate trails, you earn a badge. Kind of gives you something to work towards. I use maymyride for tracking of my rides and to get back to where i parked my car or really cool sections of trails i'd like to hit again via dropping pins. i also use mtbproject as well. With those apps and my downloaded trail maps, i have everything I need.

#13 ·
I'm using mapmyride which i started using for running and like most it's festures. I also have all trails which I don't like and mtb project which I like for maps but doesn't have enough so far. I might try starva or ridewithgps which I just came across. Ridewithgps has grade... I don't see that on mapmyride or starva. Since all my data is in mapmyride I'm inclined to stay there and have emailed them asking to add grade to their data.

#14 ·
On the MapMyRide subject, to those that use that app, does the 'calories burned' number seem off to any of you? I ride about 8 miles a day and do it in about 35 minutes. The app tells me I burned 350(ish) calories. I feel like it should be more, but I suppose I could be assuming wrong as well. Just wondering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
On the MapMyRide subject, to those that use that app, does the 'calories burned' number seem off to any of you? I ride about 8 miles a day and do it in about 35 minutes. The app tells me I burned 350(ish) calories. I feel like it should be more, but I suppose I could be assuming wrong as well. Just wondering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Double check your height weight and age are right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.