Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Replacing front tire

696 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  FBGM 
#1 ·
Hey guys, whats up.

This is a pretty amateur question so if you can offer any help I'd be really appreciative. I have a Magna Excitor 26 in from a couple of years ago that I just took out of storage and really want to get riding (mountain trails mostly)

The front tire nozzle had kind of receded into the wheel, and when I pulled it out to pump it, I think it may have broken the seal because the tire can no longer maintain air pressure.

I assume I will need to purchase a whole new wheel. I have been looking around at some options, obviously it will need to be a 26 in front wheel. Other then that however, is there any criteria I should be looking for when replacing the wheel?

I was looking at this one, it seems like a good deal.

Easton EA70 XL 15x100 26in Front Wheel Black 2014 | Easton

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

#4 ·
all inner tubes are equal but valve size it not

either presta (skinny, screw threads on outside) or shraeder (like a car tire valve)

you need to match up what was in there originally, or if going to presta from shraeder, you need a little plug to downsize the hole

other than that there are heavy or lightweight tubes,

some tubes have flat protection in them (they are too heavy to have fun on, don't get these)

get a tube that matches original valve
get a tube that matches wheel size (26, 27.5, 29...)
check the inside of the tire with your fingertips everywhere to make sure nothing is stuck in there waiting to pop your new tube

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.