Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

what's the best way to prevent this type of crash

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  dirtyBob 
#1 ·

I've had the front over rotate more and more as i've started to become more aggressive.

#5 · (Edited)
You're not set up right for the landing at all. You're going full speed at the jump and you're starting positioned forward and ending that way.. You need to reposition your body further back, bend your knees and keep the bike under you.. Also, it looked like you were pushing the front of the bike down to right yourself... But you have no leverage because you're in the air so you just pushed it down further and further.. If you want to bring the front up you need to move your body to the back of the bike, not push yourself back because the front will just aim downward.

Start taking smaller jumps again, you may have acquired some bad habits that are just going to get you hurt as you throw yourself off of bigger jumps lol

In this pic your friends body is bent, his ass is back and his head is barely over the bars. In the next pic, you are straight up, stiff, with your weight to the front.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

#7 ·
honestly man... dead sailors happen to everyone. just takes jumping more, and sometimes, getting to know the lip on a particular jump. did look like your weight was forward which, in my case(s), usually happens when i try to take off without having preloaded (mashed down) the shocks/bike right before the takeoff. burly crash. glad you're ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.