Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

MBAA Estrella trail maintenance

524 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tysonnemb 
#1 ·
MBAA is hosting a trail maintenance work party this Saturday at Estrella. I am not familiar with the trails at Estrella so I am looking for some feedback from the recent racers or those who frequent the comp loops out there. Any specific areas that need some maintenance and/or repair?

#3 ·
Why is the Technical Loop called technical? I kinda think over the years the Tech Loop has been eroded and smoothed out and is actually less technical than the Long Loop. I am he first guy to get in line for the trail anti-sanitation rally. Does anyone else think this park would be better served with cleaning up the Tech loop and renaming it the Short Loop? It would open up new race opportunities to other race categories that don't use the long loop and only use the junior loop. Or on the flip side...rework t Tech Loop and actually make it...much more technical. I feel the trail is misnamed with the current condition of the trail.

#4 ·
Agreed. It seems like the most "technical" section of the trail is the short downhill from the saddle on the long loop, and thats it. I guess the tech section has more climbing though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.