Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

is the demo THAT much better?

1K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  JBsoxB 
#1 · (Edited)
Is a demo going to be that much better than what ive got here? my fourty five pound beauty?

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
BikeSATORI said:
hey BJ, what's w/ the hydro hose on your rig?
that and the flat front tyre, non existant chain ring, guide and chain...means my bike is in the process of being built up, i need to take my brakes back off because the levers have alot of play in them and i need new bolts, so they were just slapped on and the routing wasnt zipptied on just for my lame attempt at a ride yesterday down the street...

sure is different running no drivetrain...:(

#13 ·
that and the flat front tyre, non existant chain ring, guide and chain...means my bike is in the process of being built up, i need to take my brakes back off because the levers have alot of play in them and i need new bolts, so they were just slapped on and the routing wasnt zipptied on just for my lame attempt at a ride yesterday down the street...
oh right on, I'm actually building up a FR rig for this summer too, but looks like your a hell of a lot farther than me, I only have a pile of parts, no frame even, not to mention no mula! :(

#20 ·
hmm

The FINAL WORD

I own that exact same bighit (super T + evil SRS are only upgrades i can remember now) and i just bought a demo 8 pro. It is taking me a while to get used to the larger/longer bike because it does not handle like the bighit. It is for sure faster and you can actually pedal nicely, unlike the bighit which is quite unpedalable. If you only DJ and huck, save the money and stay bighit..........but if you ever race, like doing DH fast, or like fast efficient pedaling (i forgot to say how stable the demo is going fast and in the air---- veryyyy stable) then get the demo. I say wait till 06.

#21 ·
j6105 said:
The FINAL WORD

I own that exact same bighit (super T + evil SRS are only upgrades i can remember now) and i just bought a demo 8 pro. It is taking me a while to get used to the larger/longer bike because it does not handle like the bighit. It is for sure faster and you can actually pedal nicely, unlike the bighit which is quite unpedalable. If you only DJ and huck, save the money and stay bighit..........but if you ever race, like doing DH fast, or like fast efficient pedaling (i forgot to say how stable the demo is going fast and in the air---- veryyyy stable) then get the demo. I say wait till 06.
26 inch wheel vs. 24 inch wheel.......26 easier to pedal

#22 ·
j6105 said:
The FINAL WORD

I have to disagree with you...my bighit pedals just like the demo. stability wise, the demo is more stable because its weight is centered right on the BB but the bighit is much eisier to handle in the air and is certainly more agile...

#23 ·
Master_Jako said:
I have to disagree with you...my bighit pedals just like the demo. stability wise, the demo is more stable because its weight is centered right on the BB but the bighit is much eisier to handle in the air and is certainly more agile...
wait, that gives you THE FINAL WORLD. Oh wait, now i have the FINAL WORD. Wait, this is gonna be like The Never Ending Story isnt it, exept with a plot...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.