Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Intense 951 still a tin can?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  .WestCoastHucker. 
#1 ·
I can get a deal on a 2012 Intense 951 but I see broken 951 frames all over Pinkbike. Does anyone know if the 2012 non-FRO models are any stronger than the old FRO's? I'd really like to pick one up...it's got the exact geo and pedalling platform I'm looking for.

#6 ·
Yeah I'm just a little worried because I'm a big guy (210lbs geared up) and I like to hit good sized drops. Really close to pulling the trigger, just wanted to hear some feedback first. I heard they redesigned the frame and strengthened the rear triangle. I just don't see them anywhere.

#8 ·
i am 210 gear up and my 951 was 35lbs on a hefty day. the bike is solid. im a smooth rider but where i ride (N*) is not a smooth place. you will have no problems with the bike. if you did for some reason have an issue Intense has a great warrenty program

#9 ·
If it's a new bike and you're the first owner it'll have a warranty. Also - what size frame, how big are you, how good are you? Small frames are stiffer by design, the riders are usually lighter - the last one has a bell curve. Beginners can beat the bejeezum out of a bike worse than experts... Intermediate riders - they tend to be the most gentle...

#10 ·
I'm about 190-195 G'd up. Most of my riding is FR at highland with he occasional DH lap thrown in from time to time. I'm not as concerned with slamming down steeps as I am landing 10ft+ drops. Right now I'm on a Glory FR and the thing is super strong. It's just way overbuilt. I'm trying to find that balance of finding a lighter bike that I can whip around but is still strong enough to handle hard hits. I've heard a lot of people say the 951 is a great park bike. Just looking for some experience from other riders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.