Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Downhill ride in Peru - Cuzco

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  caldog 
#1 ·
Was in Peru for business. Last min decision to enjoy my weekend led me to the following ride. The afternoon before the ride set it up and at 7am the next morning saw me in a small van heading to that starting point. Was a bit apprehensive -- got slap-happy drunk the night before (been about 15 years since I got it that bad -- must have been the altitude). Once I got off the bus and seen the view all was well.

Down hill ride starting at 4333 Meters (14K and some change feet) and ending at approx. 2800 meters. All that in 32 km (20 miles) = 1500 meter (about 5000 ft) descent in 3 hrs.

Peru is a fantastic destination. Lots of riding opportunities. I recommend it just stay away from the pisco sours

Downhill ride -- Cuzco Peru - 2013 - Jonathan Simon -- Irazu

#3 ·
I got back from a mountain biking vacation in and around Cusco through KB Tours and participated in the 2018 Inca Avalanche. The most amazing place to ride. Here are some videos of my trip and the rides:

Racing to see Peru. Overview of our trip that starts with some cultural pieces and then finishes with riding.

Calca Pass - Started at 14,600 and descended approximate 4,600 ft

Carnage and Crashes on the Inca Avalanche Trail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.