Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Going to be a cold TOWM

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Jayem 
#1 ·
Looking for some ideas on layering for this one. Low of 23 and a high Saturday of 56.
I'm thinking Bibs with a long sleeve jersey . . . Should I be thinking leggings or jacket???
Plus side is it should be easy to stay hydrated :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Ive ridden in weather colder than this in cave creek... And in West Virginia I used to ride in sub 20F,
dude, its a hell of a lot better than 100's... no doubt....
Since I dont give a **** about what others think about my masculinity, it would be spandex leggings without a thought... long sleeved compression type shirt... with a nylon windbreaker and an additional shirt just in case... gloves and a good skull cap is a must... also wool socks...

#9 ·
Just don't over heat. The plan should be to be little cold before you warm up. Then when you warm up you should be ok. Of course shade will make it a harder. This January I rode PMP when the high was something like 45. It was cold, but I work tights and long sleeve jersey with a light cycling jacket. Once I got riding the jacket trapped the internal heat and I was fine. Unit I stopped then I got cool. Then I did the VOAZ climb and since it was shaded I got cold on the climb. That is when I chose to quit and go home. Probably best to bring layers so you can adjust when on the ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.