Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Turner shops in VA area

941 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jjkitt 
#1 ·
Hi!
Im traveling from Norway to Quantico 24-30 Oct, to run the USMC marathon 27 Oct, and Im thinking of buying a Sultan in the US. Does anyone know where to make a good deal on a complete Sultan in the area Washington DC/Quantico? (Or any good deals on the net as I can get the bike shipped to a colleague in Quantico). Im staying in Quantico, but its no problem to drive a couple of hours. Maybe in here has a used Sultan to sell to a Norwegian viking? :) Im 6`3 (187cm)/107kg and should use a `large`I guess...

I owned a Sixpack for two years. Very nice bike, but a little on the heavy side for what Im riding these days.

Thanx!

#4 ·
Cowboy,
Red Barn is in Montana...about a 4 day drive from Quantico. I live in the DC area and bought my 2012 5 Spot from Shenandoah Bicycle Company and is about the only Turner retailer within driving distance. As TJR said they are a great shop with outstanding customer service. If you have never seen the western part of VA I would highly recommend the drive and visit to Harrisonburg, VA.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Oh, good luck on your run too!!

#9 ·
Hi!
4 days will be a little to much, even for a Turner..... :) I guess I was a little quick in checking my google search. There is a red barn bikeshop in VA, but I dont think they sell Turners:
Red Barn Bicycles | Bike Repair Shop | Williamsburg, Virginia

I have mailed Shenandoah BC and they can help me out with a Sultan. I see it is a 2 hr drive from USMC Quantico, and thats ok.

Ill see what Ill do. Concerning the marathon, thank you, I need it.... :)

Trygve

#5 ·
Shenandoah BC is a great dealer and as pointed out the riding is some of the best. Call Tim! We do sell complete bikes on the Turner Bikes site, but when there is a authorized dealer like SBC so close to where you will be, please support Shenandoah.

Cowboy, you should ride a XL.

DT

#7 ·
+2 or 3 for SBC. Great shop. If you want to learn about the biking in the area and talk to the right people, that is the shop to go to. Great people and great shop. Highly recommended.

#8 ·
Cowboy,
Something to keep in mind is that SBC can have low Turner inventory on hand. They typically have to order from CA, which can take about a week to get to SBC. You may already know this from talking to SBC, but thought I would mention since you are traveling a considerable distance. Hate to have you show up and there’s no bike your size available.
Talk to Tim @ SBC, if you haven’t already, and he will take care of you!

Cheers,

#13 ·
You will be in my old stomping grounds, I used to live near Quantico, taught a class there and went to college in Williamsburg.

Germantown Cycles in Md is only a 1 hour drive from Quantico and I thought at one time they sold Turners. Though, you might want to check if they still do.

The drive to Shenandoah from Quantico is incredible. Take 66 west out to Front Royal and then jump on Skyline Drive. Exit at Thornton Gap on 211 West. You will not be disappointed. It will be fall, the leaves will be changing color, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.