Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lyrik RC2 DH Air vs Totem RC2 DH Coil

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  motochick 
#1 ·
Hello,

My current bike (Canyon Torque 180 rear) came with Lyrik RC2 DH Air (set to 170). I like the this fork for all around. However lately I'm riding only DH and I feel it kinda squishy and small bump response is not as I want it.

Is it worth to swap it for Totem RC2 DH Coil? Will I feel the difference?
Will it fit well with DBair?
...Or I should stop crying and learn to ride :confused:

Cheers!

#2 ·
I just rode a lyrik air dh two weeks ago when the shop I deal with lent me demo bike while my totem coil was being rebuilt. Having spent time on both, the coil is a little plusher, but not a night and day difference. It sounds like you may want to spend some more time tuning your fork before any other changes.

#4 ·
THIS! Get the firm 170 coil if you're of average weight and ride aggro (I'm 175 lbs). Night and day difference from the LAME solo air cartridge. It would need "tokens" like the new Pike for it to be progessive enough to take big hits for FR and DH use!

Have FUN!

G MAN

#5 ·
I'll dissent and say Totem.

Mainly because there will be no more Totems built after last month. And Totem is one of the coolest forks ever made. 40mm stanchion single crown? I just don't think there will be another fork like it. Stiff, plush, huge... I love this fork for reasons way beyond its physicality.

But not everyone buys stuff for those reasons...

Lyrik is rad too but Totem is just way stiffer.

mk

#6 ·
They use the same type of damper, if you play with the shim stack (on the Lyrik) and/or switch it out to a coil, the only thing you will be lacking is the stiffness of the 40mm stanchions. Hubby and I use Totems on our DH rigs, he uses a Lyrik air DH that he modded on his trail bike. Both are very good once you dial them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.