Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carbon Bars

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  asphaltsucks 
#1 ·
Want to replace my bars with either Pro Taper, Haven or Havoc or any suggestions?

#8 ·
I have the 785mm low-rise Protaper carbon bar. It's great, nice and thick layup on the ends. No issues IMO, unlike the shoddy crack brothers one I have on another bike that is paper thin comparatively (and not consistent thickness either).

#12 ·
On a big bike I would go bigger then the 750mm of the Easton Havoc bar, nice bar for mini DH. I can't add anything on the Answer bar except it never made my list. If your willing to look outside of the popular common mid-grade players take a look at the Syntace Vector Carbon High20.

#15 ·
Just bolted on the carbon Havoc 35 on an Avy-ized 888. Pulled the 55mm stem on a 31.8 Answer Rove DH stem w/ Renthal 780mm bar down to 40mm on the Havoc stem to compensate for the 800mm bar. Feels very good, not too stiff at all...prob due to the Renthal being already pretty stiff. I'm really loving the wide clamping width of the Havoc 35 stem...was the reason why I went w/ the 31.8 Answer before the 35 was around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.