Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Will this bike stand up to big jumps?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  KBS604 
#1 ·
Posted this in the DJ thread but not got any replies and need to know any info quite soon:

Considering buying a saracen amplitude cr1 to go on the local pump track etc.
I was also thinking of starting a bit of dirt jumping (coming from a DH background, so can jump pretty well already) but didn't know if this bike would be able to handle some bigger jumps? Anyone have any experience with this bike or similar? Cheers

Here is a link: Bikes 2U Direct -- Mountain bikes : Dirt, Jump & Trials -- Saracen Amplitude CR1 bike

#3 ·
That bike would be awesome for the pump track!

You're going to beat yourself to death on that if you hit dirt jumps though. I would find a DJer with a good suspension fork if I were just starting out. Plus find a bike with 26" wheels not 24". You'll have to be more on the money riding a 24". That's why everyone's riding 29" MTBs these days..

It will be hard to find a dirtjumper from the factory that will hold up to a big jump line and not fall apart after a while but they're out there. Check out the Giant STP, Rocky Mountain Flow and Specialized P series.

#5 ·
That Voodoo will be fun to ride around the track!, When it's time you'll find a decent fork for cheap. One thing.. Make friends at the dirt jumps and you'll get advice on what fork and maybe a test ride. Jump the fork you're going to buy first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.