Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Snowshoe rental bikes - any good?

855 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  OffCamber 
#1 ·
So I've been thinking about purchasing a season pass to Snowshoe next year and me and my riding crew are wondering...."buy bikes with tax money this year or rent when we go?" We'll be going about 10-20 times, and I'm sure we'll love it. It's about a 5hr trip from us so I'm sure we'll be going as much as we can afford the gas/hotel. Thoughts for the new guys?

#2 ·
Good question. Having your own stuff is rad. No bike park spends the time to set up your suspension which means it'll always feel different. Buy your own if you want to learn and push yourself.

The bikes are pretty nice up at Snowshoe. New last year I think.

mk

#3 ·
at $90/day for a Status, and $150/day for a Demo, the rentals seem like a decent deal for a few weekends, but if you really did 20 weekends you could more than buy the bike for the rental fees you'd pay. (If I recall correctly, the Demos had pricetags on them ... $4100, 20*2*$150=$6000)

+1 on new last year.

#5 ·
at $90/day for a Status, and $150/day for a Demo, the rentals seem like a decent deal for a few weekends, but if you really did 20 weekends you could more than buy the bike for the rental fees you'd pay. (If I recall correctly, the Demos had pricetags on them ... $4100, 20*2*$150=$6000)

+1 on new last year.
very true...buy your opwn and save money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.