Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anodizing my frame

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  .WestCoastHucker. 
#1 ·
I want to have my frame anodized but don't know where. Can someone help me out with a place to send/take it to?

#3 ·
Where do you live? You are more likely to find places that do powder coating, but they will know where some reputable anodizing places are if you ask them. If you live in Utah or can send your bike here, Easton has a very good anodizing shop. Just be prepared for a fairly high price if it is not a standard color that they do often. It costs much more to do a one off color than to throw the frame in with a batch of other parts. Same goes for powder coating. I was quoted about $120 for both anodizing and powder coating a set of handlebars in a custom color. Tossing it in with an order of black or white parts was about half that price.

#6 ·
Anotech did mine in 2005. See if they're still around. $100 or less. Type 2 ano is the colorful stuff like King, Hadley, I9... Type 3 ano is typically clear or black. Type 3 doesn't fade as quickly as 2 does, but the 3 typically doesn't get colored cause it's cloudy. 3 is what chain rings are ano'd with. Ttyl, Fahn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.