Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kona Stinky Upgrade suggestions

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mountainslayer24 
#1 ·
I just purchased a used 2011 kona stinky and ive been riding it and i feel that the suspension isnt large eniugh to handle the large drops. I can feel the suspension bottoming out and i was wondering if this can be fixed by adjusting the suspension. On the rear shock i have it twisted as tight as i can twist it to make it stiffer. And it still bottoms out. And on the front shock i was wondering if you can adjust it so it dampens any better. Also if there are any major parts with this bike that need to be upgraded could someone let me know? If i cant do much to the suspension then what should i upgrade to? Im new in this sport and progressing fast so i want this bike to be able to handle almost anything without sketching out too much. I appreciate all the help i can get thanks!!!!!!

#5 ·
It's just the shock that comes with the stock 2011 stinky but I got it at a rental shop and they used it as one of their rental bikes so try just rebuilt the shock... I guess I just don't really know much on how they are supposed to feel cause it's my first bike. I'm only 14 years old so thanks for all the help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.