Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

armored gloves?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  delirian 
#1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions or recomendations for DH-oriented gloves? Looking for the ones that have full knuckle protection after ramming my hand into a tree this last weekend.

#5 ·
They were making the "BG Fortress" up until last year, but no more. :( Wish I bought an extra pair, they've saved my hands more than once. Why I chose to occasionally punch rocks I do not know.

But I do. I do.

Spesh site still have some in size "S" left over in their outlet.

#4 ·
Hands down the best ones I have ever seen or worn....Dakine Defender. They tick all the boxes for me: comfortable, hard knuckle protection (real leather covered), mesh between the fingers, and heel of hand pad. The pairs I have don't have a funky fit and don't feel cheap like other gloves. Wore a '11 pair for 3 years and only upgraded to the current ones because they were in stock.

#11 ·
my brother has a pair of no fear gloves he got off crc 5 years ago, that are still going strong today, they have full carbon knuckle protection,,,

myself in the past have had a pair of dakine gloves that had carbon knuckle protection, they wore out pretty quick though, within a season, same with the fox gloves ive had to,,, i had a pair of una bombers, they had the d3 rubber knuckle protection, they were more comforatble to wear than the full on carbon ones, as i find they rub on the knuckles were the carbon protection is when youve been wearing them for a while. again though i find the fox gloves seem to wear out quick to, i only seem to get 2 years max out of my gloves before they wearout,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.