Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Any riding near Dehli, India

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  StraightDrop 
#1 ·
Looks like I am going to get an awesome opportunity to work in Dehli for two years. Does anyone know if there is any riding around there within two to three hours? I get out about three times a week in the States and would hate to not be able to ride.

Did a ton of searching and came up blank.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Falling,

Hey man, cool you'll be moving out this way too. I lived in Delhi for two years myself ('10 and most of '11) and I regret to inform you that there isn't any place for you to enjoy your MTB. As you probably already know, Delhi is a huge city and so there isn't anywhere to 'get away' so to say.

That being said -- there are several places in the country you can travel to to enjoy your MTB... but you've got to travel.

Any other questions you've got about MTB'ing in India or just living/working there in general feel free to ask.

Joe

#3 ·
Joe,
It would be awesome if you could fire off the list of places that you know in India. We don't mind weekend excursions at all. So if there is anything within 4-5 hours away it will be fine. Also we will be hitting up Nepal a couple of times a year. Do you have suggestions around there?

Rich

#4 ·
If you travel north to Rishikesh, there are decent riding opportunities. I didn't ride there myself, but I spoke to a few that have. I went up there and did white water rafting (which was incredible, highly recommended).

if you make it to Nepal, and you'll be in Kathmandu and/or Pokhara you're in luck. In Kathmandu, go to a part of the city called 'Thamel' (Ta-Mel) any cab will know where it is, very big part of the city. Next, you'll want to find a place called Himalayan Singletrack. This is the premier place for biking in Nepal, very friendly staff that speak excellent English. They ride daily all around the Kathmandu valley and would gladly let you join in, and they also offer 5-15 day trips for the ultimate experience. They also have good quality bikes or rent, at a low coat.

Any other questions let me know! Enjoy!

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.