Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Name that stem

2K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Fillet-brazed 
#1 ·
From one of the First Flight Display cases sorry for he glare.

Bonus props for anyone that finds the special surprise.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
not a full representation

just a little of what we have. For a hint on Mr Black.. its the stem that a certain vdubbusrider wants at the end of every thing he puts on here. enjoy.. anyone else know what they all are. The light blue on the lower left is the first stem made by a famous stem maker (hint...cant wait to meet him later this year at the FFB swap/show)

#9 ·
I know I've found my special purpose!

Is that LD a taper job? Or is that aqua number a stoker unit?

Nice stinkfinger there birdboy! You might be able to relax on that Cook this fall with Sky not coming, but if you've got a Mach Tech floating around, you'd better lock that case...

#16 ·
timbercomp said:
From one of the First Flight Display cases sorry for he glare.

Bonus props for anyone that finds the special surprise.
For the stems with no names, I see: JP Morgan, Potts, Cook Bros., Easton.

Whats the tall ti one on the lower right?

Ive become a stem collector as of late. I'll try and get a pic of my current ensemble brewing at home. Of course a lot of my cool ones are mounted but Ive got a good number of homeless stems right now for some reason...

#18 ·
timbercomp said:
Cheers to Rumpfy and FlyingSuperPenis for finding the finger, they were meant for you. you win a free beer of your choice at Dinner Sat night during the festivities. Enjoy!!
Sure thing Wes...Pete and I are taking the bike of our choice at Dinner Sat night during the festivities.

#20 ·
some of my stems

here are a few of my orphan stems that you don't see everyday. no sublimal messages in these pics. i'll need to work on something really good.

and i'm not sure who made this one. fillet brazed and nicely made

#21 ·
Heres what they are

Top Row: WTB, Manitou, Craig, Ringle
Mid Row: Ibis Ti, J.P Morgan, Salsa, Cook Bros
Bottom Row: Salsa LD, 1st ever Salsa stem, Easton Mag, Goat Ti, and well the last one...I am gonna make you still guess on that one but your hint this time is that it is Ti and made by someone with a very rich history in Ti and his first name may be Gary. If you guess Fisher than you get the FC from Rumpfy.

#23 · (Edited)
timbercomp said:
Top Row: WTB, Manitou, Craig, Ringle
Mid Row: Ibis Ti, J.P Morgan, Salsa, Cook Bros
Bottom Row: Salsa LD, 1st ever Salsa stem, Easton Mag, Goat Ti, and well the last one...I am gonna make you still guess on that one but your hint this time is that it is Ti and made by someone with a very rich history in Ti and his first name may be Gary. If you guess Fisher than you get the FC from Rumpfy.
Woah, that Goat job is ti?
You mind a couple of closeups of that hot little number?
:)

#25 ·
lucifer said:
Hey Vdub what are the specs on the black threadless zooka?
I'll check tomorrow but none of these stems are for sale. i've found that whenever i build up a bike i dont have the right stem or the right fork so lately i've decided to hord them so i would never have that problem. i'm very selfish, i know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.