Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Sedona conditions?

989 views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  traildoc 
#1 ·
Can anyone local in Sedona post a weather/ride condition report later tonight and tomorrow early am. Might head up from phx tomorrow am for a ride but not if it is rains all night steady in the morning.

Thanks in advance;)

#2 · (Edited)
is:

Here is the link I used to get the weather report for tomorrow. Most people viewing your request think you could have typed in Sedona Weather in Google and got the same thing.
Tomorrow's Weather Forecast for Sedona - weather.com

But here is the deal some AHole dinged me one rep pont on the Off Camber forum yesterday and I need that point back inorder to sleep tonight, so I would appreciate you tapping the rep button for the help I am going to offer you.

PM me your phone number and tell me at what times you want me to call you to tell you what is going on in Sedona. I don't want to ride in the rain, but I do know all the spots you can ride about two hours after the rain stops. So I will show you those spots tomorrow if you want me to.

OK please help me regain that point-Thanks in advance TD

Attachments

#11 ·
The south facing trails like Under the Radar, Special Ed, Pyramid, Witch Doctor and Sketch will be perfect after two hours of clearing. Also Templeton should be in good shape.

Highline will probably be good after the weather clears and the steep slickrock sections dry out. I rode it once when it just started to rain as the sun was going down and it was a blast. The girl following was crying and walking a lot. If you are a good rider, I say go for it and report back after the ride.:thumbsup: We need to get some feedback on how the new backeside route rides during a rainy period.

#15 ·
Sunday morning the 27th Sedona report. Its been raining all the way up beyond 8000'. All day yesterday, and most of the night. Seasonal creeks are flowing, the surface ground is saturated. If you are checking the mud/dirt at any trailhead/ dirt parking lot, if your footprint squishes 1 inch or more in the tierra firma, displacing the goo, its not in any condition to ride or hike or ride a horse. As TD mentioned the areas to dry out first are anyone's best bet. The wettest trails right now are Broken Arrow, Thunder Mountain, Dry Creek basin, and Big park.

#17 ·
mc:

I was even thinking of going out today to check out Crusty, Grand Central and the Burger King connector. Those three trails are rideable 365 days of the year as long as there isn't more than 3" of water running down them. I haven't been to BK for over 6 months and am curious if there are any $1..00 items on the menu anymore?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.