Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Super 8 powdercoat ideas

1K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  gonzostrike 
#1 ·
I want to get a really cool powdercoat job for my super-8 - here are some ideas I'm tossing around:

Rasta: Red fork, Yellow front triangle, green swingarm

Dukes of Hazzard: All orange, with a confederate flag and a "01" stenciled on the swingarm

All matte white, for that "import tuner (read: ricer)" look.

any ideas?

#16 ·
super 8 powder coat

if you ask me I like the dukes of hazzard idea I just started taking my super 8 appart to have it powder coated matte black
Thrillkil said:
I want to get a really cool powdercoat job for my super-8 - here are some ideas I'm tossing around:

Dukes of Hazzard: All orange, with a confederate flag and a "01" stenciled on the swingarm

any ideas?

#24 ·
Thrillkil said:

any ideas?
do it with a candy apple green front traingle and gloss black swingarm. if you wanna be really cool, get matte green flames near the head tube. the matte flames would be completely different from any other flame job on a bike, cuz most people put gloss flames. to get an idea of what that would look like, make a v 10 have that paint job on the santa cruz website, minus the flames. o ya, you gotta use dupont imron instead of powdercoat.

#26 ·
wow, this is weird...

I just tore down my '02 Super8 to have it repowder coated. I was leaning towards black, matte or gloss I don't know. With some sort of lime green graphics. Wonder if I could get Darknut to duplicate the orig. graphics in lime green w/some lime green graphics forthe fork guards on my shiver :cool: .

dirTrat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.