Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

TD - New Thread as I did not want to hi-jack the trail map thread.

5K views 74 replies 15 participants last post by  bikeabuser 
#1 ·
Phillbo and Eazy_E are both TD haters. They want to ignore my posts but they can't because they are weak in their convictions. They know 95% of what I communicate is the truth, and they want to participate in the Sedrama.

If I can help Skid Map develop the best interactive map in Sedona I make them eat crow about what I am trying to accomplish.

In Sedona 5% of the local users hate what the mountain bikers have accomplished here. Both Phillbo and Eazy_E think that Sedona is going backwards. If you have thousands of riders riding our get trail system that kind of debunks that mentality. A really cool interactive map like Skid Map could help with promoting of Sedona mountain biking.

Jennifer and her boyfriend have adopted most of her boyfriends trails whether she wants to adopt the other user built trails is an unknown at this point in time. Her boyfriend told her the other user built trails are sh*ty. I don't agree and hopefully we will be able to get the RTCA to see the merit of those other trails.

Let's say Jennifer's boyfriend tells Jennifer Drano is a sh*ty trail. He has a lot of clout with Jennifer and he knows Drano intimately. He is the one that "get's to decide", right? But let's say the reviews on SkidMap say it is a blast riding downhill and it rides nicely uphill. Now who is Jennifer going to believe a bunch of independent users or her boyfriend? Ultimately SkidMap will decide which trail is fun to ride not Jennifer's boyfriend.

TD
If someone disagrees with your methods, determines if they are a hater or not? That's like saying I'm a racist because I disagree with the policies of Obama.

As far as the Jennifer comment, except for she might be following the steps lined out for her! What makes her efforts different than what you have done? You have already stated you modified trails to fit your view of how something should be! Are you simply upset that someone else is making the calls and not you? Repeatedly mentioning Jennifer and questioning her motives seems to be a from of hate, do you hate Jennifer?

I would like to know the algorithm you have used to create all your percentages. If the data going in is garbage, well the data coming out may be as well.

Lastly, did Skid Map request your help in creation of the interactive map? If so great, if not why do you feel the need to butt in to what is already in motion?

I await you prompt and factual responses.

#41 ·
Cripes sake! How many years will you let let yourself get trolled? We're talking *years* of the same stuff. Most of regulars here over the last five years have gotten trolled by a TD post, took our lumps and laughed it off.
Arguing with TD is like trying to convince a woman that the toilet seat should be left up and not down. It's also like chopping up celery, mixing that with motor oil and using it as a salve for sore joints.

#2 ·
I just want to say that I'm not a hater. John, or whatever the hell that guy's real name is, I respect that guy. I think his heart is in the right place, and he's a decent advocate. I've got nothing against John. Now, his Mr. Hyde, Traildoc, I am a hater. Me, me, me, I, I, I, I did this, I did that, etc. It's nothing but pure masturbation of ego. I'll do whatever I want, and if I get caught, it's because they're out to get me and I'm the victim and I'm just misunderstood, and everybody else is a hater, and they just want to ride my coat tails.

I think John is an okay guy. Traildoc is the problem.

#3 ·
I just want to say that I'm not a hater. John, or whatever the hell that guy's real name is, I respect that guy. I think his heart is in the right place, and he's a decent advocate. I've got nothing against John. Now, his Mr. Hyde, Traildoc, I am a hater. Me, me, me, I, I, I, I did this, I did that, etc. It's nothing but pure masturbation of ego. I'll do whatever I want, and if I get caught, it's because they're out to get me and I'm the victim and I'm just misunderstood, and everybody else is a hater, and they just want to ride my coat tails.

You made a good post E!

#18 ·
I would like to know the algorithm you have used to create all your percentages. If the data going in is garbage, well the data coming out may be as well.
85% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

+1. In person he is totally different than on here. It's so easy to sound tough behind a computer monitor.

#20 ·
So why don't you all get together for a ride: TD, Phillbo, Eazy and 64. That way we can maybe stop these rants you all seam to have. Let say TD comes down and rides PMP and then you guys go up and ride sedonuts with TD. Just saying, this cant keep going on n on n on. Hopefully if you guys ride together you might see things different?

#26 ·
1- I am having trouble following this post, can someone dumb it down for me?

2- DO NOT incvite TD to PMP. If he sees how dangerous some of that can be and the way it was built (mainly by miners, 60's dirtbikers, horses, kids partying and 4x4's- and it holds up pretty well doesn't it?) it will end up looking like the cart path behind my house!

Okay, back to not giving a f00k.

#27 ·
1- I am having trouble following this post, can someone dumb it down for me?

2- DO NOT incvite TD to PMP. If he sees how dangerous some of that can be and the way it was built (mainly by miners, 60's dirtbikers, horses, kids partying and 4x4's- and it holds up pretty well doesn't it?) it will end up looking like the cart path behind my house!

Okay, back to not giving a f00k.
I really was interested in what TD thought established a hater.

I have never seen a trail crew or illegal trail op working on PMP. Mother nature does a nice job now and then.

#29 · (Edited)
C64,

You have made some good points, and you "know" I have respect for you, the mere thought of this thread is somewhat defensive/offensive in nature just as TD's posts in regards to Jenifer and her boyfriend. I have always been about being positive, in approach, considerate of others, and constructive with thought and content that's relevant to topic. I don't see any of this other than a way of forcing TD to behave a certain way on the public forum by pointing it out in a "call you out manner" that is offensive in nature and elicits a predetermined negative reaction to point out fault in his approach and I would expect a negative response.

I too have been at fault for this and have seen that it is not positive, considerate or constructive, I have changed. I had a very nice visit from TD and his wife, a few days back and there is better understanding between us because of it. Thank you TD "John" for lending an ear and sharing your thoughts I apreciate it!

The perception that the FS is not doing their job is viable, and the reasoning to jump to such perceptions is completely understandable by me and by others besides TD. His perception of why they manage the land and the reasoning of the FS' actions and considerations towards him would cause "Jari Kari" in just about anyone if truth were understood by all. This, is what is irritating TD, and to all concerned including myself. How each of us go about dealing with such frustrations should come from a positive, considerate, relevant and constructive perspective that is selfless second only to what is considered best for all concerned. The thoughts and feelings shouldn't be directed towards any one person or group,they should be directed to the issue of concern. My concern is with the situation itself and the fact that I see no reason why it should even exist.

The WWW provides loud voice to thought, and others who hear and consider such a voice, without, weighing consideration fairly of the actual strength of that voice, as it should be factored with the number of voices of concern it's "pooled with" is not giving that voice fair consideration, I have also done this in the past as well, but no more for me.

Should TD be able to use the MTBR forum, yes, as long as the topic is relevant to what MTBR intended the forum's use to be for and about; and as long as the intent of topic is not malicious, or conflicts with the intended purpose of the forum.

TD is a very loud voice that "forsake the approach" is one of very many, that have resonable concern. TD is however very passionate, knowledgeable, and worthy of more consideration as his opinion is shared by many, but his approach and methods could be better.

All I hope for is that I may be a fair example in which he and others may follow for the betterment of forum discussion.

Thank you for your time and consideration C64 and others, it's appreciated! :thumbsup:

#31 ·
OK, I just got back from doing a ride with two hot shot riders from Phoenix who came up to Sedona to enjoy our great user built trail experience. Out of a 15 mile ride about two miles were on FS built trail.

Some of the ride was on a trail Jennifer's boyfriend believes is a sh*ty trail. The Phoenix guys thought that trail was fun, so is Jennifer's boyfriend always correct when evaluating a trail, I think the answer is no and I think someone like our resident geologist would agree.

So let's get back on topic.

Qusestion #4: When you have served your time and paid your fine and the paper work doesn't say you have to show remorse, should you be allowed to help mitigate trail erosion in Sedona on FS system trails?

#45 ·
Qusestion #4: When you have served your time and paid your fine and the paper work doesn't say you have to show remorse, should you be allowed to help mitigate trail erosion in Sedona on FS system trails?
Unfortunately, you already proved that you aren't willing to play by their rules once. Not showing remorse shows you probably wont play by their rules in the future. So can you honestly say that if you were them you would let it slide?

Reactions: RideNShine
#42 ·
"Lastly, did Skid Map request your help in creation of the interactive map?"

No they didn't but I did offer my help, as I have offered my help to the Sedona FS to help reduce erosion potential on FS system trails. I also offered to help with improved signage in problematic areas where users are constantly looking for better trail information.

Any other questions?

#53 ·
Aerie, Renegade, Roller Coaster, Heaven's Gate, Finch, Library, Three Rags, Parachute, Comfortably Dumb, Hippy House, Top Tube Boggie, Randy's Wet Dream, Over Budget, Under Budget, Blue, FedEx, Little Sweetie, Skid Row, A&W, Torco, Resolution, Tunnel of Love, etc.

What is the point?

#70 ·
Man that sounds good!! But because of dirt bags like you, I can't eat that!!!

Has anyone ever noticed how C64 always puts out great ideas but doesn't share them with those that cook! NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo he shares them with people who eat!!:mad: Making them beg for his recipe and he wonders "why are all these stupid people asking me for the recipe I never said I could cook I just said I liked chicken/tortellini soup...try telling someone that cares about cooking and we will be all the better for it!". Dude why don't you just try putting yourself in my shoes for once and maybe just maybe you can see I'm wasting our time!!! :madman::madman::madman::madman:

BTW C64

OT, I'm keeping the BS's below 130 with diet alone and below 120 fasting w/metformin.

R&S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.