Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Colombia Bucaramanga

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  skogorbet 
#1 · (Edited)
Going to visit a friend in Bucaramanga (she is not a Mountain biker), and want to do some mountain biking in the Santander area and Chicamocha Canyon. Anyone from Colombia know where to ride or can point me to a tour guide? Looking for day rides only.
Thanks for any tips and guidance.

edit: found COLOMBIAN BIKE JUNKIES :: San Gil, Mountain Biking Tour Company has anyone used them or know anything about them and their credibility? thanks

#3 ·
Well. I don't know much about the mountain biking down there. But I did live in San Gil for 3 months in the mid-90's training whitewater raft guides. I had a great time, great people, the mountains were really nice, I can only imagine the mtn biking would be excellent. I rafter the Chicamocha and it is a very impressive canyon. Bucaramanga is a beautiful city also. When in the hills outside of San Gil try and find the place that serves chorizo and guarapo, I can't remember the name but an experience you won't forget. Very fun times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.