Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Gehl 223 mini

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mtbty 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Considering the trail thread is supposed to be 5% outsloped, you should not need to have a leveling table on a mini-X. I'd rather get a twist bucket than something like that.

Wacker Neuson also offer leveling table on some models.

If you have the proper benchcut technique, you can cut pretty intense slopes and keep the machine insloped at all time, for safety, then finish the thread behind you with a slight outlsope.

#6 ·
I guess I am thinking of it differently, using it 'backwards' on up to 35 degree slopes, while only using the bucket to dig 18-24" wide tread. Narro-wass singletrack sculpture tool....

#7 ·
24HP
18 GPM pump
tracks go from 39" to 51"
4200lbs bucket force

This is why I think this mini looks the best for trail building.

The tilt cab is a plus but not the main reason why i like it.
The tilt would be a good thing to have in the Northwest. Lot's of big roots, tight trees and other things that would make the tilt useful.

Moving the boom side to side can combat not having a zero tail swing. So i don't get hung up not having it. I just like the power to how narrow the thing is. There is no way to get around having to rip out big stumps in the NW. Plus we also have to bushwhack in the minis a lot too, so the tilt will help keep me safe with out having the disturb as much land.

SO have any of you ever actually used this? I just wanted to know if the spec's are as powerful for real trail building as they looks. I need something for huge stumps, thick rooty duff and steep terrain 50%+ cuz the Northwest is like no wear else for building. I've built all over the western US. My easiest day in the NW is easier then my hardest day anywhere else. Also the 5% out slope Guideline doesn't really work to well in the NW, it turns flat hear fast. We have to get more creative then that.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...jIHgAw&usg=AFQjCNH7s6hPX95S-CA1UX8RuM1IjbRc5A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.