Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Terremoto?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  zod 
#1 ·
just checked the Ventana website for the latest. looks like the upcoming Terremoto aint upcoming. has it in fact been dropped? Ciclistagonzo???, anybody?

#3 ·
you're probably right. since i'm pretty darn happy w/ mine, i'm not too bummed, but i would like to see what Sherwood would come up w/ now for a new version. oh well.
it'll be interesting to see how all the wheel size/combos will morphout in the next few years. interesing times

#6 ·
Maybe there is still hope...The page still exists on the Ventana site, but with no specs.

El Terremoto

I don't know what the new Terremoto was going to be but it seems like the Zues, compared to the old Terremoto easily fills the empty space left behind. If you don't like the 650b wheels the geometry on the new El Ciclon seems to be as good as the old Terremoto but with an inch less travel. I think I've even read that a 160mm fork is ok on the new Ciclon too.

#7 ·
I was imagining that since the Ciclon stepped it up so much for '12, the 'moto would get bumped up into (or beyond) Bruja territory--heavier-gauge tubing, 180mm-fork compatible, 170mm or so of travel out back. Basically, a super-stout, low-slung, angry frame for big lines.

Vapormoto--bummer.

#9 ·
talked w/ Teresa today & it's been decided that the future Terremoto has no future. the Zeus is taking it's place. w/ the big change in geometry going on, the Zeus is the only frame in the Ventana lineup that thrills me, but as happy as i am w/ my '10 Terremoto, i'm in no hurry to drop $3500 to get into the 27.5. but, i'll definately be paying close attention to what's going on w/ the mid wheel size thang for sure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.