Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Marzocchi 2013 lineup?

11K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  Gemini2k05 
#1 ·
#7 ·
...and a h3ll of a lot stiffer.... 35 vs 38mm

May not mean much to the little guys, but us Clydes - we do care.
I just bought a 66 for Gravity days, as my Lyric DH 170 is not enough fork as it turns into a bit of a noodle when the speed gets high and the ground gets gnarly. The 66 is rock solid where the Lyric is flexing.

I would have thought they would have gone to 2 forks per model - entry and full feature, and kept the line a bit fuller. By the pix, there are 4 - 55 models. I'm wondering if the pix are a bit short of a full product line??

michael

#6 ·
That can't be right. Where's the all-mountain XC forks and the 29er forks? If thats
the real deal, they are dealing themselves out of the market. The Corsa is out of the
price range for most XC folks and remember bike brands are still selling loads of 29ers.

I thought maybe they would introduce a nice mid range 650b fork with 15mm or 20mm qr

#14 ·
at the end of the day...the "thinkers and innovators" behind Marzocchi left and are starting a new company..This is to get away from dumb corporate owned of a small great company(Tenecco of Marz)....some great things are around the corner

#18 ·
well, that makes my decision a lot easier. I was seriously looking at a 66 for my upcoming 7" build, but if they're going to axe it, my guess is that parts and tech support for it will be tapering off rapidly as well. That's a shame. I had heard so many great things about the 66. Looks like it'll be a cage match between the Fox and Totem for my bike. Here's hoping that DVO will be able to produce suspension that works as well as the old Marz stuff did.

#19 ·
I had contacted Marzz a couple weeks ago about having the 66s for the new lineup and they said yes but now seeing this its confusing ... I have heard lots of good things about the 66 myself and was in the boat to give it a go and try it out ... Im in no rush with my build but i would like to start my parts list soon... I dont know if DVO will have products out in time ... Who knows

#20 ·
I loved my 01 Shiver, and my 04 and 06 888's, just glad I never had some nightmares other people had. I guess we'll have to wait and see what will be comin' down the pike in the future from Marzocchi and how they hold up, also it'll be interesting to see what Bryson and the other former Marz guys bring to the table with their new venture.

#21 ·
I currently have a Marazocchi 2009 170mm travel.on my Syren. I have blown the cartridge x3 (thats every year I've had it) and sent it back each time for warranty. Its now leaking oil but I'll ride it until it goes again (I have a Fox backup)

Once it goes I'll take my chances and send it to Marazocchi but I'm not sure it they will warranty it again.

#27 ·
Just got this information in , im sure by then DVO will have something out.

Marzocchi Suspension (Official Page) Hi, 66 is not in the starting official line. Some distributors will include 66 CR tapered since it's still available from my12. We should be able to add 66 in production starting from spring 2013

#30 ·
Hopefully not fading, just rearrenging.

From Vital MTB:

"First of all, Marzocchi's 2013 line will be manufactured by Hodaka, who previously manufactured their rear shocks. Hodaka is a short term solution for Marzocchi, though, as they plan to create their own manufacturing plant and assembly line a few years down the road. Model year 2013 brings a lot of changes to Marzocchi's lineup, and they've reduced their range from 40 models to just 13. The new goal is to specialize in premium products rather than making a fork for every application.

Aside from the change in manufacturers, the 888 RC3 EVO V2 (left) gets a minor upgrade internally for 2013. Based on rider feedback from their World Cup racers, they adjusted the shim stack to help keep the fork higher in its travel over high speed chatter. Be on the lookout for a completely new downhill fork and rear shock from Marzocchi in the future...
"
2013 Marzocchi 888 Forks - New Mountain Bike Components at Eurobike 2012 - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.