Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

went for my

484 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NRTH SHORE 
#1 ·
Hey all i went for my frist ride in like 4 months..... it was awsome... even found a hill with powder and biked down it a few times..... snow banks make sweet wall rides when there is no traffic. even convinced one dude in a truck to give me a tow so i could use a snow bank as a jump . :D it was awsome. Can't wate till all this snow melts :D

#2 ·
Damn 4 mths????

NRTH SHORE said:
Hey all i went for my frist ride in like 4 months..... it was awsome... even found a hill with powder and biked down it a few times..... snow banks make sweet wall rides when there is no traffic. even convinced one dude in a truck to give me a tow so i could use a snow bank as a jump . :D it was awsome. Can't wate till all this snow melts :D
U havent ridden in almost 4 months? I thought i was lazy. Its cold and crappy in NY but i cant go more than a week w/o riding. Its my sanity! and trust me i'm lazy. I just got back from staten island (2 hr train & ferry ride) to go do some north shore type riding. And to me it was worth freezing my ass off and going from queens into manhattan and into staten island for a 4 ft drop, a teeter toter 8 feet in the air. and 1 skinny about 24ft long. Well worth the trip. Better than sittin home watching the daytona 500. Just my opinion so dont get upset at me. You either u nascar fans...

#4 ·
Staten island

Dropoff said:
hey danny, im in brooklyn where is this place whats this riding like? i havent ridden for like 4 months myself.
Its in Staten island. Near the ferry is all i can say.1st time there so its kinda still under construction and" hidden". If u know the BBR guys they know where it is. We just built some stuff up today. The skinny is about 2 ft in the air and kinda long. Added a berm to for the biatch line. Theres actually 2 lines to the place. guy who built it did it alone w/ driftwood(hint:near the water) and a bad shoulder. Fun place should be real nice when the ground stops thawing out in the niddle of the day.

#6 ·
i

im not lazy during the winter months i break out the board and skis. i don't try to ride my bike in -15 to -50 *C plus the trails are covered in 4 feet of snow. i was going insane so i put on my Parka and rode around the streets and the xc ski trails. as well i checked out the sleding hill with the powder. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.