Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

marzocci junior t settings

918 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sandwich 
#1 ·
hey everyone, I have searched online but i am having trouble finding some information about the junior t shock.

I just recently picked up an 04 kona stinky and I am in the process of rebuilding the bike, and I am trying to get information about the junior T front shock. I see there are only two adjustments on the top. Are they both rebound adjustments or is one the rebound and one the compression? I have played with the shock a little bit, but I am not noticing any significant difference when I move the dials. I am thinking the shock needs serviced.

Any information is great, thanks

P.S I am 180 lbs. The frame is a large so i am assuming any potential buyer would be around that weight range

#2 ·
I suggest you "set" it in the trash and buy super T with HSCV or a more modern fork.

Barring that, crack it open, dump out the black goop that is undoubtedly in there by now, and refill with fresh oil to the manufacturers recommended weight and volume. That will probably be the best thing you can do to that fork.

Otherwise, twist knobs until you feel a difference.

#3 ·
Those are spring preload adjustments, Rebound adjustment is down inside the damping rod,takes a 8mm hex rod long enough to reach the top of the dampers,a rod off of your mom's window blinds works if it's 5/16".
With a Jr-T you want the rebound as fast as you can stand it,and you want the lightest viscosity oil you can find in them so you delay the hydro lock action of ported damper rods.I don't remember how much oil to put in them but you basically use oil chamber height to stop hard bottoming on the biggest drop you are gonna do.
They will be passable for single hit drops if you tune them for your specific riding style,they get confused on multiple hits and trail chatter and tend to jackhammer you. No big deal,my Sektor u-turn coil ain't really any better and it's a almost new fork with almost as much travel as your Jr-T

Don't try to get any decent pedaling performance out of them,the looser they feel the better they'll suck up bumps.

BTW,I went out and bought a Super-T after fighting a Jr for awhile,Wow,What a difference! I'd Rather have a Super-T than a modern single crown long travel...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.