Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Prescott Trail Work Day Aug 4th

791 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  modiolus 
#1 ·
Trail work day coming up on Saturday August 4th. Meet at the Prescott National Forest Office on Cortez Street at 7:30 a.m.. We'll be working on a new section of trail south of Senator Highway. We welcome all levels of trail building experience. Please bring long pants, long sleeved shirts and some water. We'll bring some snacks, helmets, and plenty of tools. This will give us a chance to break in our new Rogue Hoes and Bob Trailer. Post any questions. Thanks, Shu

#2 ·
South of Senator? It runs N-S for most of it's run, the first section that doesn't is near Mt Tritle. That'd be a real neat place to have some trails! Lush vegetation and very interesting! 281 is also S of Senator. I've gone back there and done some real cool rides that are out of the way. When it's clear of debris, it's pretty neat. The part that goes up and over the ridge back to Senator near Palace Station is terrible though, way too steep and old poor route. Lots of potential back there.

#4 ·
Oh, maybe you meant South on Senator, instead of "South of", anyway, that's a good place to be making a connector for sure. I rode what was done a few weeks ago. I like challenging trails, but the old 299 wasn't much fun either way, except for the lung-busting initial climb, where it was fun to challenge yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.