Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DVO Suspension Launch

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  SaddleRags 
#1 ·
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
BMR "Bryson Martin Racing" Launches new high-end mountain bike suspension brand called "DVO" Developed Suspension.
Valencia, California - July 20, 2012 - The competition in the high-end suspension is about to heat up with the launch of DVO Suspension !
DVO is short for "Developed Suspension" and represents the mindset we have to engineer, design, and deliver fully developed suspension products that are 100%.
30 Years plus industry veteran Bryson Martin owner of Bryson Martin Racing along with Tom Rogers, John Pelino, Josh Baltaxe and Bryson Martin Jr will launch DVO Developed Suspension during the Taiwan Bike Week held in Taichung Taiwan November 2012. We will have a booth at the Splendor Hotel in Taichung during Bike Week.
Bryson and his team were long time Marzocchi employees; they left in May 2012 amid struggles with Tenneco upper management and the direction of the mountain bike suspension business. Bryson Martin was the founder of Marzocchi USA and was the inspiration for the successful Bomber line as well as many other iconic models over the past 23 years.
"After losing our supplier SR Suntour and not having a back up plan, I felt that the future with Marzocchi will be extremely difficult and going my own direction with my own suspension program is the way" said Bryson Martin".
The new DVO Suspension Team consists of Tom Rogers who is a long time industry veteran and former World Cup racer. Tom worked at Manitou for ten years during their glory days and then nearly ten years at Marzocchi focusing on damper designs. John Pelino was at Marzocchi for 16 years handling operations, after market sales and distribution support. Josh Baltaxe has a graduate degree in Engineering and is a passionate bike rider; he brings the brains and science to all our designs. Bryson Martin Jr is a pro DH racer and business student and will help in tuning, marketing and race support.
Bryson along with his USA based engineering team brings over 80 years of suspension building experiencing and will launch some very cool and innovative suspension products purely focused on the long travel market. "We started with a clean sheet of paper but didn't look to re-invent the wheel, we addressed some critical areas of current suspension design to enhance performance while making it easier for the consumer to tune or service their own fork if desired"

"We will also launch a very informative web site helping riders better understand the dynamics of suspension in general while providing extensive information on tuning and setting up all of the DVO products". "Providing detailed and informative information on our web site and backing up our products with excellent customer service and support is key!"
Regarding the competition, it has been a long time since a new company has entered the high-end suspension business of this magnitude, both Rock Shox and Fox the industry leaders have been doing a great job for years. "We feel that the dominance of Fox and Rock Shox has been because there hasn't been enough good competitors to give them a run for their money and DVO Suspension will be gunning for the top".
In order to become a player in the suspension business you need to have a solid manufacturing base and SR Suntour the worlds largest suspension maker will install a dedicated production line to assemble the complete line of DVO products (forks and shocks). "SR Suntour is an amazing company with a rich history in the bicycle business, although they are currently known for making low to mid priced suspension, they also produced a lot of great high end products and were once a main player in the early days of mountain bike components" "I've worked with SR Suntour for decades, they are passionate about building high end products and have dedicated themselves to making sure DVO Suspension will be a success" says Bryson". Furthermore, the President of SR Suntour Daisuke Kobayashi rides thousands of kilometers each year, not too many company presidents have the passion like he does for bikes.
For 2013 DVO Suspension will be working with DH Teams and individual riders while heading to as many races and events we can get to and our goal is to support some top World Cup DH Teams in the near future. "We will also work on other market segments within the suspension business and focus purely on the performance aspect" says Bryson.
DVO Suspension is located in Valencia California and is a rider owned company.
info@dvosuspension.com 29033 Ave. Sherman Suite 203 Valencia, Ca 91355 USA 661-295-9500

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm very stoked to hear that Bryson is moving ahead with his own brand and am excited to see what his offerings will be! I have been VERY happy with my Marz products over the last 2 years, (I admittedly took a break during the "interesting" years) and am looking forward to see how DVO will be able to expand on that!

Congrats Bryson for stepping out and doing your own thing! You have my support for sure!!!

#4 ·
They were one step away from falling into the abyss and they have just taken a step forward...

Any leaks on what they're working on? I don't think there will be any pictures before september, but any info? DH forks, a whole line up, close to what Marzocchis were, what?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.