Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where can I find good a deal on bikes

706 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Swmpthng 
#1 ·
I am looking to purchase my first bike but don't want to spend too much because it is my first. Does anyone know where I can find some good deals on full suspension bikes?

#4 ·
yep, I'd try craigslist in your area. Used bikes are definitely the way to go for your first bike, in my opinion. They lose a lot of value very quickly, so you can get a very good deal on a very nice bike.

#9 ·
Not to be an a$$ but you should save more money up if you want a decent DH/FR. Around a grand is a good ballpark though you can find good deals for a little less than that if you're patient. Don't just jump on and full suspension bike you find for cheap, an XC fully is NOT made for DH and you can end up very seriously injured if you use a bike beyond its intended purpose for which it was designed. I look on Pinkbike's For Sale section and just break it down to states I'd be willing to drive to so I can actually look at the bike and sit on it. You definitely don't wanna get impatient and jump on anything too quickly without doing your homework, you'll spend more in the long run if you do that. My friend is gonna have a 2004 Specialized Big Hit with a single crown fork for sale for $500 soon, geo is a bit outdated but it's a solid bike to test the waters with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.