Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Riding Shorts

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  eurospek 
#1 ·
So, I'm in the market for a new pair of riding shorts.

I've previously used the Fox Ranger Short, and although I like(ed) it, I lost a ton of weight and it no longer fits me.

I'm looking for something that's a little tighter fitting around legs (not skinny's obviously, just a more tailored fit than super baggy), and something that's lightish for and something I can use for XC.

Any ideas guys?

#5 ·
If you are after a pair of hardwearing DH shorts, with a slimmer fit, then Royal's SP247 in 2012 version is exactly what you need. I'm super impressed with these, I've owned quite a few shorts, these are currently my faves. They have all the features you need, and a brilliant cut - seriously one of the best riding cuts you could imagine. They've also lost a bit of bulk and weight for 2012. Can't go wrong with these.

#6 ·
I got a pair of Zoic Ether shorts at the last REI sale. I'm a bigger guy, and on me, they're not baggy, but not skin-tight. They don't get snagged on the front of my saddle when I shift my weight over the rear wheel. I would definitely recommend checking them out.

#10 ·
This. Minus the REI sale.

I'm on my second pair of the Ethers, first a XXL last season and down to a XL this season, very comforable indeed without being over too baggy. And I tried a lot of Fox and Pearl Izumi stuff before I ordered and these fit like a glove. I could have went with the L even but those were a little too tight, especially after a good wash. The XL after a few washes fits awesome. And their warranty is amazing too, the XXL has a defective zipper, Zoic shipped me a new pair ASAP, no questions asked.

Amazon currently has them for around $50ish or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.