Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Some trail questions in socal

845 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  foulhabits 
#1 ·
Hi guys. So to start i know trails aren't talked about over threads. So if you could please ever so kindly PM me with any info. I use to have couple people to ride with but not any more. So i have couple questions to ask of you guys. I would like to find someone to ride with or roll with if you guys ever go to "certain areas". Here is some insight. I live in vista ca in SD county. I know of these spots. Nascar, The "downhill section" of calivara lake, Sam hill, skid marx and others but to far of a drive for me right now. I have never been to sam hill or skid but know what area they are in. If someone can please hook me up with some info as to where to find the trail head on the "highway" that would be sick! Also i have a map to skid but have a question as to go about getting up. Also would it be possible to ride sam and skid in same day? If someone wants to roll with me and show me the ropes or hit me up with info it would be sick! Also just to clarify im 28 and have a pick up and ride decent with a decent rig. Sorry for book here. Thanks guys!!

#2 · (Edited)
yeah that is going to get you really far...builders are tired of guys just poaching...tired of guys just riding and never doing work...if you do not do trail maintenance on a particular trail then do not give directions either...I know I wouldn't give you any info...then you post names of trails on internet...that is a big no no...I would let you rot for that

If it was me and I moved to a new area...this is how I would say it depending on time of year

I am new to this area (name town you live in)

I like riding DH, but more I like to dig and doing trail maintenance. If it is spring to summer you state willing to cut brush back...in winter time...you state you are a big time digger with a shovel. After contact with people...really put in time on the trails....so many people don't and that is fvcked.

Tell them you have a shuttle vehicle...it sucks when people show up in cars and you drive them around....if you have a car...either get a shuttle vehicle or rack (not roof but hitch rack-we don't like lifting after rides and feel roof racks are not safe for big bikes).

tell them you have beers (always lures downhillers)

tell them the area you live in and at this time of year here is what I would say

Hi guys....I live in Vista Ca....I need someone to pm me (all down low).....I have 10 years of experience digging new trails, putting in berms and features. I also have some rad tools for clearing brush. Could any of your trails need some brush clearing/maintenance. I have a Toyota truck for hauling my DH bike and tools around. I am well known for having a cooler of DELICIOUS BEERS...YES BEERS Could you help me drink them after we do some trail maintenance or ride...PM me your info...thanks

#3 ·
Hi there. I completely understand where you are coming from and have a great deal of respect. Although ide have to say you did twist my words an awful lot. I never said anywhere i wouldn't do any work. Also to point out, i always do maintenance on the trails i ride as i see it needs. Also i know you aren't supposed to post locations on the web. And i didn't, names AREN'T locations. So what if i said names? Have you been on youtube lately? The names i stated have TONS of vids about them that are revealing way more info then my harmless post. Also, i don't drink, don't own a Toyota and already asked to keep in the DL by saying please PM me. And i didn't move to a new area. So why are you telling me how to talk to people if you didn't read my post? Sorry if i sound offensive but in a way you jumped the gun on me. So if i may ask again with no disrespect to you because i respect everything you are saying and have a huge deal of respect towards "spots" if there is someone out there in my neck of the woods that would let me ride along or like to ride with me sometime because all my ride buddies are gone please PM me. SHIVER ME TIMBERS maybe we can go for a ride?

#4 ·
Ignore SMT, he's drunk.
Go to more popular DH spots local to you, say what's up to people. Eventually you'll get a new DH boyfriend! There's plenty of fish in the sea, don't give up yet and resort to internet dating; you'll meet some real creeps out there, SMT being the perfect example.

#5 ·
hahahahahahaha well i guess i have to stop being a weenie and go by myself. See the thing is i know how to get to the spots but with out a "driver" im kinda screwed. oh well ill meet peeps like you say. internet dating hahahaha funny as hell. thanks dude. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.