Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help with choosing an entry level bike.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bob13bob 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a full suspension bike. A bike for cross country/trail. I guess an all-around type bike, but mostly cross country/trail. A bike that's upgradeable for new/better components. I can't stop looking @ Sana Cruze and Intense, but being new to the sport, I don't think I know better. So I thought that I ask the experts. Thanks. :thumbsup:

#3 ·
there are a lot of entry level bikes, whats your budget, do you plan to do just XC and trails, or maybe abuse it alittle and do some drops. some xc bikes cant handle drops as good as others, things like this make a different, if price isnt a problem,

check out the Specilized and Giant bikes on this site, there closeout deals and if i had the money its what i'd buy.
Specialized Camber Expert - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!
Full-Suspension - Wheel World Bike Shops - Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Bicycle Parts and Accessories. Parts & Bike Closeouts!

#4 ·
Entry level would be a Giant Yukon FX. You start around 1500 for a good entry level FS, and that is in 26" wheels. Look at Scott, Giant and Specialized. Cannondale is good, but you need around 1800 to get into theirs. Santa Cruz entry level is around 1600. Ride them and see which one you like best. The best fitting bike is the one you are going to ride most!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.