Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Backyard Jump Video

1K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  shimyshalka 
#1 ·
Just finished editing and uploading the footage I took today on my new backyard jump! Kicker to landing is about 20ft, super happy with how it turned out. Here you go, hope you guys like it-

#8 ·
I broke apart my derailleur on the last jump as you can see in the video, I think what happened was the chain fell off on the landing (because of my neglect to invest in a chain guide) and then the chain hit some spokes, three of which also broke, and ripped apart the derailleur. Do you think it could also be due to too long of a chain? Any info would be great so I can avoid it happening again.

#13 ·
haha it is a good idea, my dad is always complaining about how big the yard is. So why not just turn a quarter of it into dirt? I'm also trying to sell him by explaining how badass the yard would be with mtb jumps and ladder bridges on it. Not working so far though.

#14 ·
Don't sell yourself short here! Why go for 1/4 when 1/2 would be better....... Throw on the whole "I'll even help mow and take care of the lawn" just wear him down. Sorry to be the bad influence here, but I talked my wife into it, so you should have no problem talking your dad into it. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.