Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

World Cup DH at Mont-Sainte-Anne

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  nitecrwlr 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I was really impressed with Sam Hill. He is getting better every race. He was easily the fastest of all the riders today on that bottom section. It is looking like the top 4, Gwin, Minaar, Atherton and now Hill, will be trading spots on the podium. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Beaumont doesn't take 2nd next race. He is likely to push it, considering the poor showing today.

Man, I would love to be able to ride like those guys (and not crash).

#8 ·
They're dropping like the Bee Gees!

It's a bit frustrating hearing the announcers from the UK. I wish Americans would be more into the scene. I wish Americans made mountain bike movies. I wish the interviewers would think of something more creative than "what makes you so fast" when talking to Gwin.

#9 ·
. I wish the interviewers would think of something more creative than "what makes you so fast" when talking to Gwin.
But what makes him so fast? He's not taking drasticly different lines...He's not way more physical than everyone else.

It looks to me that he's staying up out of the holes a little bit better. Is that his set-up, or does that start with speed in the first place?

Great racing on the womens side!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.