Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

about sette vexx

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  foulhabits 
#1 ·
can i build a frame for freeride use?

#3 ·
I built the sette vexx and started with the frame. To answer your question...the head tube angle on the vexx is 66 degrees. So it may be perfect for free ride, but i also heard people saying 66 is still ok with the vexx for racing. Personally i have used it on different terrains and it IS fast and handles well. Its on the heavy side mine being 43 lbs for a small. So if your good at free ride and strong and can throw your bike around it would handle great for FR. I didnt like how the front was a bit high for the small so im changing the angle to 64.5 with a 1.5 angle headset. I didnt want to change it to much cuss i also want to be able to tackle most terrain. I didnt want to slack it out to much as to regret my purchase. Other then that it handles great. It corners well, the welds are very good, it climbs remarkably well (being a FR/DH bike) and its feels solid. In my opinion you can make a nice FR bike from it for low cost and still have a top end feel to it. You will just have to deal with the weight. If you get lighter parts then me im sure you can get it down to 40 or less. Sorry for the novel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.