Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2011 Demo 8 bb question?

992 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Super Bajones 
#1 ·
This could possibly go in the Speshy forum but I will get better answers here. I bought the RaceFace evolve DH cranks with 83mm bb. After figuring out you need an adapter I bought this off pricepoint: Truvativ BB Shell Adapter Kit PF30-BSA. I'm hoping that should do it or do I need yet another adapter?

If this doesn't look like it would work what is the easiest bb/crank whatever setup? I just want to get my bike on the trails!

#3 ·
The 83mm bb should thread into the press fit plastic adapters that came with your frame. I had that set up for a while with Saint Cranks, but eventually switched to the e13 pf30 BB/lg1+ cranks due to creaking issues. The e13 set-up works very well. Be careful when threading the BB into the plastic adapters, they strip easily.

I remember reading somewhere that race face cranks are only compatible with their bb, so you may be out of luck with the Truvativ adapter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.