Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Photo Friday 6.8.2012

3K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  big0mike 
#1 ·
The Transit of Venus on June 5th, 2012, as photographed in Tempe from the alley behind my work and from The Buttes. What a spectacular show!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Alright a butt load of pics this week. Already at 100 miles on the week so lotsa time to take pics.

First up Lemmon Meringue

Urban Uphill Gnar Gnar on our Lemmon ride.

Man is it nice to have an escape.

Next up ride with the old ball and chain.

Then onto sweetwater for some full moon action.

WESTERN PATCH-NOSED SNAKE Salvadora hexalepis

Full moon action.

And then tons of commuting pics but most are boring.

Due to an incompetent riding partner we were able to have a flat right as the bats were releasing so kinda cool.

Girlies and Guns

River path trail.

#9 ·
This is recent, unfortunately. This is how some bikes die - slowly cannibalized by other bikes in the garage. Nothing but a shell now. Nice ride, but the support isn't really there. One little crack and I'll have to wait a total of five months for a replacement part to come in. That is some serious time to contemplate another manufacturer.....

#26 ·
Sunrise Trip

Packed cooler with the necessities.

Bikes strapped on!

NOOOO!!! 8 miles outside of Payson. Game Off!!

We had to stay the night in Payson, since we arrived ther about 5:30 and every shop was closed. Unfortunately the rental shops were also closed Saturday and Sunday in Payson. :madman: After getting a ride down to the Scottsdale airport for a car rental, it was back to Payson to pick up my buddy and get up to Sunrise! Game on!!

We stayed at the Sunrise Lodge and the rooms had plenty of space for the bikes. However, we were the only ones there and I quickly felt like we were going to be in a horror film. Very creepy there...

Overall it was a great trip. The trails up there were a lot of fun and we both got some great footage on the GoPros. My car is still up there getting fixed, it turns out it was the transmission that went :madman: but at least we made it out safe and had some crazy stories to tell friends and family!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.