Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

So...Ellsworth and Turner Bikes: Related?

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Kracker 
#1 ·
After reading some of the ICT threads, it seems that the whole pack of Ellsworth and Turner riders are in some way related after all, based on the bloodlines of their steeds.

I now understand why the Turner riders have allways said their bikes ride so well. (ICT)

Welcome to the family Turner brothers and sisters!

#8 ·
Redriderpro said:
After reading some of the ICT threads, it seems that the whole pack of Ellsworth and Turner riders are in some way related after all, based on the bloodlines of their steeds.

I now understand why the Turner riders have allways said their bikes ride so well. (ICT)

ICT is great isn't it? You can understand why Turner has it on the frame now. They are using the technology and feel overwhelmed to praise the design by advertising it on their bikes.

Yeah, welcome brothers and sisters!

#10 · (Edited)
Redriderpro said:

We're only in that family via a threatened lawsuit......unwilling stepchildren.

#14 ·
RE:How long?

Well, My Id is a 2001 with I don't know how many thousands of miles on it.
( How old is that Turner?)

Other then one cracked swingarm that warrantied quickly and without hassle.. it's been all good.

Ps.. I started this thread for fun, if any Turner Homers were offended...

I'M SORRY!!!

#15 ·
Trevor! said:
Applies to my Ellsworth too. Never had a single issue.
There you have it - a sampling size of one. Thus we can conclude no other Ellsworth has had reliability problems. And, since I'm sure our good friend Trevor hasn't had any warranty hassles with the honorable Tony E., no one else must have been lied, cheated, whatever by said Mr. Ellsworth.

2001 - Other then one cracked swingarm that warrantied quickly and without hassle.. it's been all good.
Now this is funny. It's interesting to see what level other brand homers place their "bar" to measure reliability against....

#16 ·
Let's increase the sample size a little.

Roy said:
There you have it - a sampling size of one. Thus we can conclude no other Ellsworth has had reliability problems. And, since I'm sure our good friend Trevor hasn't had any warranty hassles with the honorable Tony E., no one else must have been lied, cheated, whatever by said Mr. Ellsworth.

Now this is funny. It's interesting to see what level other brand homers place their "bar" to measure reliability against....
If you want to be in charge of compiling complete stats here are mine to add to the mix: 1 Broken RFX, warrantied well. One Moment and one Truth, no problems at all. Oh yeah, my friend's RFX broke too. It was also fixed under warranty.

This has been beaten to death, but customer service is a valid difference. The ride quality is very similar and believe it or not, both manufacturers have had front triangle failures at the seat tube and swingarm failures as well.

#17 ·
Roy said:

If thats the conclusion you draw from my statement then fine - Good for you.

#18 ·
Bob the Wheelbuilder said:
If you want to be in charge of compiling complete stats here are mine to add to the mix: 1 Broken RFX, warrantied well. One Moment and one Truth, no problems at all. Oh yeah, my friend's RFX broke too. It was also fixed under warranty.

This has been beaten to death, but customer service is a valid difference. The ride quality is very similar and believe it or not, both manufacturers have had front triangle failures at the seat tube and swingarm failures as well.
Yes, I remember the last time you attempted an Ellsworth breakage stats list - it was shredded pretty mercilessly then too. Do Turners break? Yes. But only the Ellsworth apologists try to equate the quanity of Turner breakages to theirs.

#20 ·
tscheezy said:
Guys, the whole premise for this thread was pretty much stillborn. Can we drop it before it decomposes futher and starts stinking any worse?
I started to get the impression that people between this forum and the Ellsworth Forum enjoyed the repetition, circular arguments, baiting, "My bikes better then your's" comments. :rolleyes:

I would kill to see an end to all these threads and silly comment posts for even just a week. It'd be great.

#21 ·
ICT. I wipe with that patent. There are bikes to which it applies that predate the filing. This is not really a secret. For me this thread does not bring up any sort of "my bike is better than yours" feelings for me. I've sold both, but own a Turner. I own a Turner, but have recommended Ellsworths to customers based on their merrits *for that customers needs*. Yes I have been upset by Ellsworth's customer service in the past, but I have heard they have improved lately. I'm no longer in a position to know.

For me, this thread brings up feelings more like "the man behind my bike is a really great guy, both personally and as a fair and honest businessman, but the man behind your bike is opportunistic, and uses dishonest and bad faith business practices to bully others. I do not want to support him in any way." I think that pretty much covers the situation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.