Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

STOKE: 20,000 years of snow

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sryanak 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Two things:

1) That is an awesome video, and cool-looking place to ride, and a stud of a doggie.

2) It evokes one of my most irrational and primal fears - that I'd be riding on a glacier like that and I'd hit a big hidden crevasse, and me and my bike would fall into it down about 200 feet, where in total darkness, I'd be swept away in an underground river to my death.

So - again, great vid! :eek:

#5 ·
2) It evokes one of my most irrational and primal fears - that I'd be riding on a glacier like that and I'd hit a big hidden crevasse, and me and my bike would fall into it down about 200 feet, where in total darkness, I'd be swept away in an underground river to my death.

So - again, great vid! :eek:
No danger of falling into a crevasse there because the riding is on the lake. We do get lots of earthquakes and my fear is one will hit while I'm riding around those bergs and then the part about total darkness and being swept away in the river could happen. Just riding near the bergs is a you know you really shouldn't do it but you absolutely have to kind of feeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.