Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

20mm thru axle question

970 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  fatcat 
#1 ·
I posted this in the shocks & suspension section, but it may get more play here.

Hello there 20mm thru axle fans. I recently ruined a perfectly good through axle on Friday by shoving a big flat head screwdriver and large allen key into the "female" end of my White Bros axle, used a rubber mallet to "tap" it off the fork.

Now the threads are jacked and I can't put the end cap back on. Yes I am a tard. I did not follow my own theory--Haste Makes Waste

Here is the question. Would a Marzocchi 888 through axle work on the fork? I've owned several 888's and it has the same kind of axle with the tapered end the end cap goes into.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I don't have any Marz axles lying around. I had a feeling they do not mix although
the shaft that goes thru the hub have to be the same diameter, therefore with the exceptions
of the ends it may fit... f---it, I'm going to get one from BikerBob.com. Thanks gang

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.