Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

fox36 or firefly+

922 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  pdirt 
#1 ·
Wanting to try a new fork on my 04 Bullit , thinking of a Fox 36 or the new Firefly Plus from Manitou. Has anyone used either? I'm trying to take off a few pounds off my rig for more than just shuttles.(have a SliderPlus it works great)

#3 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
or you could just get 3 of the fireflys for the outrageous price of the 36.......
Or buy a good fork ( Zochi) and have plenty of money left over to start selling drugs and/or pimping.

...but that takes more than money... takes pinache'.

Which you'll , also, start aquiring riding a Zochi... so ya... there ya go.

#5 ·
cdog117 said:
for the third time in 48 hours "Get a zoke 66"
Like others have said, i'd go with something like a Marz 66. Costwise it's cheaper than a 36, and is based on a well proven chassis (888) with excellent dampening. The only "flaw" if you choose to see it that way is that its a very tall fork, but I'm sure its not that bad.

#6 ·
COmtbiker12 said:
Like others have said, i'd go with something like a Marz 66. Costwise it's cheaper than a 36, and is based on a well proven chassis (888) with excellent dampening. The only "flaw" if you choose to see it that way is that its a very tall fork, but I'm sure its not that bad.
Thanks for all the good advice,especially Pdirt, very deep. The 66 weighs as much as my Slider Plus and has more travel?

#11 ·
RobsterCraw said:
buy the 36 so you can post a review. no one seems to talk about them.
Supposedly shops near me are starting to get them on the Specialized models. I'll have to go check them out and snap some pics. Maybe this weekend....

#13 ·
smoothy said:
Wanting to try a new fork on my 04 Bullit , thinking of a Fox 36 or the new Firefly Plus from Manitou. Has anyone used either? I'm trying to take off a few pounds off my rig for more than just shuttles.(have a SliderPlus it works great)
I got the 2005 firefly. it is cool. SPV is great for a free ride or trail bike. it has a much firmer feel then a 04 Z150. Z150 is real smoother on the slow small stuff. but thats not what I wanted out of a 6 inch fork. When I stand and sprint the firefly bobs like a 2 inch fork. and still sucks up the big uns.

when I went from my 5 inch MX pro to the 6 inch firefly on my titus super moto, the difference was night and day. I'm so much faster. I'm now much faster then my skills.

#14 ·
pdirt said:
...but that takes more than money... takes pinache'.
pa·nache (p-nsh, -näsh)
n.
1. Dash; verve.
2. A bunch of feathers or a plume, especially on a helmet.

pimp
n.
One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
intr.v. pimped, pimp·ing, pimps
To serve as a procurer of prostitutes.

First time I ever heard those two words in a sentence.
A+ for usage. C- for spelling.

#15 ·
e[I said:
o]pa�nache (p-nsh, -n�sh)
n.
1. Dash; verve.
2. A bunch of feathers or a plume, especially on a helmet.

pimp
n.
One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
intr.v. pimped, pimp�ing, pimps
To serve as a procurer of prostitutes.

First time I ever heard those two words in a sentence.
A+ for usage. C- for spelling.
Noted.

Thanks.

:).

Tehehehee

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.